Howdy!

Hiya, 

My name’s Mason Hamberlin (they/them), and I’m a second year in the Nonfiction Writing MFA. I’m a from all over, but central North Carolina is the closest place to home. Some small joys of mine: floating on rivers, trail running, thrifting clothes, cursed earrings, Eastern BBQ, basement shows, and queer theory.

This semester, I’ll be teaching two section of GEL, so I have about fifty-ish undergrads to rally 😅 In the past, I’ve taught GEL over Zoom, edited for Chautauqua Literary Journal, and worked with students ages 8-18 to play and experiment with creative writing, but this’ll be my first time (tentatively) teaching in-person at a university level.

One highlight of my summer was getting to road trip back home, by way of the Appalachian mountains. I haven’t been able to jump into a body of water in a while, so it was fun to reconnect with old friends and sail a boat around on mountain lake. 

I’m a lil all over the place with my writing, but lately I’ve been collecting stories from trans and nonbinary folks in rural/Southern spaces. It’s a slow process, but it’s going!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hi!