Hi New Tutors--I'm Carol Severino, a prof in the Rhetoric Dept. and Writing Center Director. I've got a B.A, in Spanish, a Master's in Linguistics/TESOL and a Ph.D in English with a specialization in Rhetoric and Writing. The other courses I teach are Writing Theory and Practice for the Writing Fellows, some of whom you'll meet, an Honors First Year Seminar in Travel Writing, and Topics in Second Language Acquisition: Writing. 

The highlight of my summer was when my brother and sister and my nephew and niece came from NY to visit us during Memorial Day weekend and got to know my granddaughters. My latest big writing project is a  learning-journal-based self-study on Writing to Learn Spanish--a kind of hybrid between creative non-fction and an academic research article, which I had a great time writing this summer. It was based on my experience in an undergrad Spanish Journalism course I took last spring during my research leave.  The course, focusing on investigations of crime, corruption, and narco- and human trafficking in Latin America, opened our eyes, but also sometimes traumatized the other students and me.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Howdy!

hi!